Saturday, June 17, 2006

"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day...."

Wow, I really haven't updated this thing in a long time. (There's a shocker.) Alright, if anyone still actually looks at this, they're going to be in for a surprise. Here's what's new in my little universe:

For starters, I'm no longer living in Brooklyn. I moved in with my girlfriend up in Queens a few weeks ago. Speaking of the girlfriend, we've now been together for a year and two months and things are great. I'm absolutely crazy about her, and she's apparantly absolutely crazy, because she hasn't left me yet. Works for me!

Speaking of work, I'm still catering....blah. Whatever, it pays the bills and lets me make my own schedule. I worked at Cafe Wha, a live music venue in Greenwich Village, for a couple of months between now and my last posting. It was a decent job but nothing awesome; the place had a lot of history. Bob Dylan started out there when he came to NYC, and it's where Chas Chandler discovered Hendrix.

Other things that have happened since the last post: I got punched in the face by a drunken friend back home in the Yak....that sucked. Natalie actually came out to Yakima for the end of December and the first few days of January, so she got to witness this mayhem. And while I'm on the topic of vacations, my brother spent this semester studying in Oxford, so for his spring break my parents and I went over to visit him and spent two weeks in Oxford, Italy, Paris and London. It was pretty awesome; I was very happy to get back to Italy. I fell in love with it while studying in Florence two years ago, and even though I'd forgotten most of my Italian it was still incredible to be back.

Two good friends from high school are getting married this summer, so I'll probably be heading back to the Yak in early August and again in early September to attend the weddings. At the end of July we're going to be moving; we're not sure where, but it will probably be myself, Natalie, Pete (the guy who introduced us), Anthony (our other roommate), Jenn (his girlfriend), and Nicole (Natalie's cousin) looking for a four-bedroom apartment or maybe a house. We'll likely stay in Queens, but Brooklyn is a possibility also. Between moving, heading back to the Yak and working, this summer will probably go pretty quick.

Alrighty, that's enough for now. I'm signing off to go watch the World Cup. The U.S. plays Italy today....hopefully it's less of an embarassment than the 3-0 loss to the Czech Republic last week.

Peace!

2 Comments:

Blogger Zack said...

ah, yessssssssssssssssss

11:28 PM  
Blogger Matsumoto said...

Ditto.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home