Monday, October 10, 2005

"Wake me up when September ends...."

Greetings to all who've been impatiently waiting for a new post (all one of you...Zack). It seems that I've settled into a routine of very rarely updating this thing. It's not that I'm particularly busy, it's just that I don't feel that updates are a huge priority. I figure that if you want to know what I'm up to, you should simply make some attempt to contact me. Besides, my life really ain't all that amazingly interesting. Having said that, here's what's new:

The trip to Alaska with the family was incredible. Gorgeous scenery and fun times hanging out with everyone. It was nice to get back to NYC, though. I returned in time to get slammed by a monstrous heat wave, which really sucked because we didn't have an air conditioner. Fortunately, we (eventually) rectified that situation. The last weekend of August we threw a toga party at our loft. It was a hell of a party by all accounts, although some lousy excuse (or excuses) for a human being stole money. What the hell is wrong with people? We went to the trouble of setting up a great party with free alcohol and a live DJ and this walking fecal matter steals money from A) my brother's friend Ryan (who came all the way out from Washington state!) B) my girlfriend and C) the small amount we'd gotten in the tip jar. What a rotten thing to do. Aside from that - and the inevitable people who needed to be taken care of after imbibing too much - it was a pretty good time.

The week after that I went to see Green Day in concert. They were amazing. I really need to see more concerts. (I would love to see U2 tomorrow night, but the tickets are just too expensive. Maybe when they come back in November....) That weekend was also my 23rd birthday, as well as Labor Day, and I went to Connecticut with my girlfriend's family. Every year they have a Labor Day party with a bunch of friends, and it was awesome. We got drunk (most of them are Russian, so we had a lot of vodka shots), played softball, BBQ'd and bonfired. Speaking of the girlfriend, things are going very well. I'm absolutely crazy about her. We've been together for almost six months now...unreal. My longest relationship prior to this was about two months, and that seems to be where most of them ended. This is still going strong, though, which kind of blows my mind. I'm confident (arrogant, if you wanna be a jerk) enough to say that I'm a decent catch, but this girl could honestly have anyone she wanted. She hasn't left me yet, although there's a pool running if you want to bet on how long it'll take before she does. Contact Richie if you want to get in on that action....

Aside from that, not a lot to tell. I'm still catering, which is starting to get old. The job situation may change soon, in which case I'll update this website as soon as anything happens. *Bursts into laughter* Okay, in reality I probably won't post again until winter. I hope that this one will satiate your Byron-related curiousity for the next couple of months. If not...tough.

Have a wonderful day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Zack said...

well, at least i'm not the only commentor.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Wesley C. McMahon said...

i heard susan and andrea madeout right after they posted on your blog.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Byron said...

Alright, no more of those jerks hijacking my commentary page.

11:04 PM  
Blogger ro said...

Like Azhar, I think your blog is great. Though I'll only visit it regularly of you post regularly. But really, I wanted you to see my new picture.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home